Moving is one of the most stressful and draining experience for many homeowners. It’s doubly demanding and loathsome when it comes to cleaning the house before moving. The simple idea of vacuuming the floors, dusting the windows and many more activities is enough to send cold chills in your heart. Remember you’ve just had a painstaking process of preparing to move and packing all your belongings. Now you have less energy left to carry out the cleaning process. Charleston house cleaning service Clean Home Club weighs in. They will share everything cleaning from cleaning your floor, window cleaning, scrubbing bathroom floors, and much more.
That said, below are top cleaning tips for homeowners when moving in or out.
Ensure you have the right cleaning supplies
• When preparing a house for moving, there are crucial cleaning supplies needed. This includes a vacuum cleaner, gloves, scrubbers, variety of brushes, buckets, brooms, dusting rags, disinfectants, cleaning rags, baking soda and more. These items should be readily available before starting the cleaning process. Having them in hand will save you a lot of time.
Clean your house after loading your possessions onto the moving truck.
• It’s difficult to deep clean your old house when all belongings are still spread all over the place. It will make the cleaning process more challenging and time-consuming. Hence, you need to clear your house all the moving cases and furniture before cleaning the house.
Touch up the walls
• Remove anything on the wall for instance screws and nails. Cover all the visible holes, dents or marks using a special substance like the magic eraser. Now you can use a wet rag or cloth to wipe the walls so as to remove any stains.
Clean the windows
• Windows especially those made of glass should be cleaned using a quality glass cleaner. Carefully wash the blinds, mirrors window sills and any other glass in the house.
• Start by clearing the kitchen cabinets and drawers. Next, you should clean them using a soft cloth and a mild detergent. It’s recommended using baking soda since the kitchen is a sensitive place where cooking takes place. Baking soda is effective in removing grease stains and other tough marks. Move to the liners and remove the old ones. Once the surface is completely dry, replace the old liners with new ones. Wipe the counter tops using a mixture of warm water, soap powder, and a disinfectant.
• When scrubbing the faucets, ensure to use a chlorine-free detergent to whiten the surfaces. Simply spray a mixture of water and bleach over the sink and faucets and allow it to soak. Use clean water to rinse the surface. Ensure you remove any accumulated debris such as ice cubes and salt to make the kitchen smell fresh.
• Deep clean the refrigerator by emptying all the contents and defrosting the ice cubes. Remove all the shelves and clean them using water. When wiping the fridge, it’s important to use pure water without any added detergent. Once it’s dry, use baking soda to absorb any bad smell. Remember its normal for a refrigerator to smell bad. If you have no baking soda, the use a few pieces of charcoal.
• Disassemble the stove by removing drip pans, grills as well as the racks. Keep them inside soap water and allow them to settle for some time while scrubbing the stove. Soaking them serves to remove all grease stains. Wear thick gloves when scrubbing the oven as degreasing agents can be dangerous to your skin. Ensure you completely remove all the grease. If possible, you can replace the exhaust fan filter with a new one.
• Wipe the dishwasher using a wet sponge and baking soda. Be careful when cleaning the rubbers and filter as too much scrubbing may end up damaging the dishwasher. You can add a small amount of bleach to remove stains and kill bacteria.
• Start by scrubbing the tiles with the right cleaner containing bleach. A bleaching agent helps to whiten the tiles and make the surface shine. Move to the tub and clean all the fixtures. Thoroughly clean the shower enclosure to remove all soap layers and mold. Don’t forget to clean the shower curtain too. If it’s too old, then consider replacing it with a new one.
• Scrub the floor and dust all the light fixtures in the bedroom. Have all the carpets cleaned by a carpet cleaning company to remove all dirt.
The bottom line
Cleaning your house before moving is an exhaustive process. Its therefore important to hire a house cleaning service for a professional, quick and efficient cleaning.