It’s the little things that make a difference when adding value to a house. Just like any other investment, it’s much possible to increase home value with a few smart changes and improvements. This, in turn, makes it easier to sell your home at a good price.
Below are the most valuable home improvement tips
For budget below $100
1. Invite a real estate agent
A realtor is highly experienced on the property buying and selling process. Most of these agents will check out your home for free. They will help you with numerous improvement ideas that can increase your home value. You can as well look for an interior designer for the same. For a designer, you will have to cough a few dollars for their services but they are worth it anyway.
2. Inspect it.
Some home improvements require replacements and repairs to fix problems. For instance, your house may have old electrical systems which automatically require new replacements. It’s good to hire inspection services since some problems cannot be easily detected by the homeowner.
However much it looks simple, painting your house or rooms can greatly increase home value. Paints are cost-effective and can save you a lot of money to purchase other things. It’s important to select neutral paints since they are known to appeal to many buyers.
4. Search for inspiration
You can also borrow noble improvement ideas from the internet, readings magazines or watching TV shows. Just note the best ideas and add them on your DIY checklist. .
Budgets below $ 200
1.Plant shade trees in advance.
Since trees take time to mature, it’s important to plant them early before you can sell your house. These trees can enhance the landscape of your home making them ideal for the lovers of nature. Besides adding a curb appeal, well-placed trees also reduce the cooling costs up to 30%.
2. Use a money-saving amenity
You can save a great deal of money by installing a new water filter. This system will reduce your groceries bills as well as purify water. You won’t have to buy bottled water again.
3.Improve the air quality
It’s important to improve indoor air quality. Start by cleaning the older carpets in the house. If they need replacement, then hire a carpet replacement company for the same. You can also go for natural floor options that are easier to clean and maintain.
For budget below $400
1. Trim your lawn Nothing creates a bad impression like a patchy lawn. Therefore consider taming it yourself or hire a professional lawn company to trim it to the right size and shape. This will improve the appeal of your home thus adding value to it.
2. Make cleanliness a priority. The first impression really matters a lot. Let both your exterior and interior shine for any visitor steeping at the door. You should consider professional cleaning services to exhaustively scrub the house. The company has sophisticated tools that can penetrate far-reaching areas making your house sparkling clean.
3. Update your small bathroom Upgrading your bathroom can do wonders. You don’t have to go for major home improvement tips. Instead, you can opt for affordable renovations, for instance, installing new lighting, replacing old wallpapers with faux among other changes.
Budget below $750
1. Updating your kitchen can increase home value Little changes in the kitchen can tell it all. Start by replacing an old appliance with new ones, swap items and repair the broken sink. No matter how small they are, kitchen renovations can increase home value.
2. Stay organized You can either hire an expert organizer or do it yourself. However, it’s important to go for an organizer since they will teach you ways to organize your home. A well-organized home looks clean and spacious making it ideals for potential buyers.
Budget above $1,000
1. Spruce up the ceilings
Update the popcorn ceiling by scarping its rough surfaces. You can hire a contractor to add a classy custom look by fixing crown decorations. If you love a coffered look, then go for box beams.
2. Save on air conditioning
A fan is a good alternative for cooling air conditioning. They are energy efficient thus saving a lot of money on energy bills. You can install a whole-house fan that is a popular consideration for homebuyers.